Sunday, June 5, 2011

101 Goals - 1001 Days


I came across this little project at my blogging friend Jillian's blog and I thought it sounded like a great way to motivate myself to try something new and improve my life. So starting today, June 5, 2011 and ending on March 2, 2014, I will be trying to accomplish these 101 things. Some of them are serious and some are more important, but I am hoping I will really be able to do them all.

1. Read my scriptures for at least five minutes (hopefully usually more than that) every single day for a year
2. Be able to run 5 miles without stopping
3. Read 5 Shakespeare plays
4. Be able to do 15 "man" push-ups
5. Visit the Spiral Jetty
6. Go to Moab
7. Journal every day for a month
8. Complete a 365 photo a year project
9. Learn to make my dad's wheat bread
10. Re-read Les Miserables
11. Read Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
12. Have a baby!
13. Become a registered nurse
14. Read Walden outside
15. Perform on the piano in public (other than in sacrament meeting)
16. Go to two temples I've never been to before
17. Be published on something other than a blog
18. Write a poem that rhymes
19. Finish a short story
20. Reach 250 followers on my book review blog
21. Get through a rough draft of the novella I'm working on right now
22. Finish my wedding scrapbook
23. Make cinnamon rolls
24. Buy vegetables from a farmer's market
25. Have an herb garden with at least three herbs in it (I'm thinking basil, rosemary, and chamomile)
26. Learn to like bananas without throwing up
27. Go to the temple three times in one week
28. Eat five fruits and vegetables a day for a month
29. Work in an oncology unit
30. Learn how to French braid
31. Memorize the Chopin nocturne I've been working on
32. Master Liszt's Sonetto 104 Petrarcho (those little trilly parts... so difficult!)
33. Go to Alcatraz
34. Read The Book of Mormon in French
35. Make my own herbal tea
36. Make my own face scrub
37. Fly a kite
38. Finish my wedding thank you notes
39. Go camping
40. Take a picture in front of a state sign
41. Make a pie
42. Write letters to my high school friends that I've fallen out of touch with
43. Meditate every day for a month
44. Watch the entire Harry Potter movie series in a less than two week period
45. Eat lobster
46. Visit The Booksmith in San Francisco
47. Write a fan letter to an author
48. Learn to play and memorize "Someone Like You" by Adele
49. Join a writing group
50. Feed the ducks
51. Visit the Bean Museum
52. Hike Stewart Falls
53. Have a bonfire/guitar night at Vivian Park
54. Go to a state I've never been to before
55. Learn to cook a meal with fish (I love fish, but I've never cooked with anything but tuna!)
56. Do something crazy to my hair (either dye or cut! It's bee pretty much the same for years!)
57. Give lunch to a homeless person
58. Eat an orange right off the tree
59. Make fresh-squeezed lemonade
60. Make a snow fort that I can go inside
61. Go to the zoo
62. Go to Birds of Prey with Scott-face.
63. Go on a picnic
64. Floss every night for a month (If I'm going to be a dentist's wife... I'd better start flossing)
65. Watch fireworks
66. Go on a boat in the sea! (Because I go on boats in lakes a lot, but only once on the sea)
67. Make out with my husband on Squaw Peak
68. Hike Squaw Peak in autumn
69. Watch a meteor shower
70. Go to a rock concert
71. Go to a symphony
72. Hike to the top of the canyon whose name I don't know but that I've hiked almost to the top about 4 times
73. Make homemade gelato
74. Make a photo collage for above our kitchen table
75. Learn a new song on guitar
76. Bear my testimony without crying
77. Go star-gazing
78. Make a rainbow-layer cake
79. Learn to conjugate in two tenses other than the present in Italian
80. Finish the temple cards I have printed out
81. Index 10,000 names
82. Give away a Book of Mormon
83. Make a mormon.org profile
84. Get enough water for food storage
85. Make a wish at 11:11 on 11/11/11 (But what will I wish for? What will be epic enough?)
86. Review all my NetGalley and review copies
87. Give back to BYU
88. Go to a book festival
89. Go a week without chocolate (This is pretty dang ambitious of me)
90. Slow dance with the Hubs
91. Go out to dinner in a pretty dress
92. Beat Scott at Racko
93. Go out for crepes
94. Go to Spark with my sister
95. Try Moroccan food
96. Put on my wedding dress again
97. Buy something vintage
98. See a play
99. Make macarons
100. Go bird-watching
101. Explore a city with no destination in mind

So... here goes nothing, hmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs