Monday, July 18, 2011

Temple in Versailles!


When I went to France three years ago, I had the opportunity to hear President Uchtdorf speak in a meetinghouse in Versailles about what the French members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints needed to do to receive the blessings of a temple in France. I had never been so close to a General Authority and the talk was a very special and sacred experience.

You can imagine why I was very excited to receive a text from Scott this morning saying that the Church is probably building a temple in France. The official statement is here.

Plan for the Rome, Italy temple
A temple is also being built in Rome, Italy - the first temple built in Italy, where Scott served his mission. Travel is a big goal and interest for Scott and I, and we have already planned on going to the Rome temple, although we haven't yet figured out exactly how or when we will have the opportunity to go. Now "my" country will have a temple as well, and I couldn't be more excited! The members in Versailles are such good people and welcomed us with open arms. Despite the language barrier, the Spirit was very strong in their ward and I had a lot of spiritual growth there. I am so excited for them - now they will have a temple in their backyard. I can't wait to see what it will look like! The Church is true! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs