Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tomorrow is another day.


As far as perfected motherhood goes, today was a bust. Today there was too much checking of Facebook, too much talking on the phone, too many things on my to-do list.

Today, Cal didn't get a bath before bed, and we watched videos of cats doing stupid things on youtube during dinner because distraction was the only way I could get him to take a bite of his chicken noodle soup.

And unfortunately, I can't make it up to him tomorrow, because tomorrow I'll be at work, and Thursday I will too.

But I'm grateful that I have tomorrows with that little boy that I just tucked in with his new matchbox car squeezed tight in his little fist, even if that tomorrow isn't tomorrow.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be a little more balanced, a little more focused, a little less distracted.

Because this little stinker deserves the best I've got.

1 comment:

  1. :) You are such a good mama. That boy is so lucky to have you. And he's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs