Thursday, October 30, 2014

Hi there!

It's been a while since I've blogged. It's been awhile since I've written anything, actually. I have this problem where I create projects upon projects for myself, and even though they are self-imposed projects, I feel this sense of obligation to finish them, all the while thinking of more and more projects, until I get crushed by a sense of imaginary obligation and vegetate under countless episodes of Parks and Recreation and eating Cookies and Cream Cookie Butter out of the jar with a spoon.

I need healthier coping mechanisms.

All that to say, I got overwhelmed with blogging and Happiness Projects and plans for writing three interconnected novellas and planning parties and making Halloween costumes and I didn't do anything for a while. Except, you know, take care of a crazy toddler and working full-time in a high acuity unit. Which apparently isn't enough for the little voice in my head that suggests all these projects.

Anyway, all this to say, I miss blogging, and I am slowly dipping my toes back in to see if I can do it for relaxation instead of getting crazy. I have all these ideas of what a blog "should" be -- organized, polished, about family, about crafts, about recipes, whatever. When in reality for me it is a dumping ground for assorted ideas suggested by the crazed project-voice in my head or found on the internets.

Anyway, I'm just going to let it be what it is. And I made a little discovery today that I wanted to share with whoever still reads this. :)

Have any of you ever been to BYU Women's Conference? I always thought it would be a good idea when I was at BYU, but I always had some kind of other obligation. Anyway, yesterday I got an email from Deseret Book saying that all of their Women's Conference e-books were $34.99. Usually it is $49.99 for the whole bundle and I made an impulse purchase.

Today, I was thinking, "I'd better start reading all these talks since I spent a bunch of money on them." I read the first talk in the 2013 book and it was amazing. I don't know how to convey inspired I felt after reading that talk. Inspired enough to blog, obviously.

It's still on sale. Go buy it.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs