Wednesday, June 28, 2017

sick day.

Nolan takes longer than usual to go down for his nap, and once he does, I turn on Wild Kratts for Cal and disappear into my book. Once he passes the hour mark that means I have to start feeling guilty, I pause the show and ask him what he wants to do.

"Let's do a project!" he cries which in essence means, "Let's make a huge mess!"

I kneel on the floor and rest my head on the couch, willing myself to be a fun mom. It's day four of this horrible cold and I'm hardly feeling any better. "Mama, are you sleeping?" he asks.

"No, I'm sick," I answer, and Cal creeps away. I hear him rustling around in the kitchen, and I'm afraid to look up and see the havoc his unsupervised project is wreaking. I drift into sleep for a minute or ten, I can't tell.

Little knees wedge themselves under my arms. "Mama, Mama, wake up," Cal says.

"I don't want to, baby," I whine, our roles reversed for a minute. "I'm sick."

Something cold presses against my fingers. "I got you some water, Mama." He sits back and smiles.

I almost start crying at this small act of tenderness by my little boy whose brain is just starting to wire for empathy. "Oh, thank you Cal! That was helping! Thank you!" He nods, pleased with himself. I quickly swallow back the water, get to my feet.

"Okay, Cal. Let's make something."

1 comment:

  1. Are you sick of feeling guilty after every Superbowl?

    Or worse, after every weekend?

    Because from Monday to Friday you do pretty well with your
    nutrition, but then on the weekend, well, frankly you blow it.

    And then the guilt comes piling on every Sunday night, and you know
    that all of last week's progress was probably wiped out by the dough
    and cheese and chocolate you ate this weekend.

    Well, there is a way around it.

    I spent today, Superbowl Sunday, with some friends/TT clients. These
    guys have the perfect mindset toward nutrition. They follow the 90%
    compliance rule and then don't sweat it when it comes time for a
    "cheat" meal.

    But as soon as that cheat meal is over, they get right back on the
    plan. There is no wallowing in guilt. No tears spilt over the pizza
    that was eaten. And no shame spiral because for the rest of the day
    they followed their fat loss eating plan perfectly.

    Now I don't condone gluttony, but a reward for eating healthy is
    fine. And by eating right and doing the fat burning Turbulence
    Training workouts, these guys and gals have absolutely nothing to
    worry about when it comes to their fat loss program.

    Plus, it eliminates so much stress from their lives knowing that if
    they plan ahead, they can have a treat each weekend.

    So while Turbulence Training doesn't give them a "License to eat",
    it does give them a "License to live guilt-free".

    Get with the Turbulence Training Lifestyle. Follow the bonus
    Nutrition Guide and plan your meals for maximum fat burning.

    It's a refreshing change from the "Cardio Confessional" lifestyle
    that so many other unsuccessful fat burners try to live by. Listen,
    if you eat a pizza, it is useless to think you can jump on the
    treadmill and burn off the calories. It's a terrible mindset.

    And don't let diet pills prey on your guilt. They haven't worked
    for you before and they won't work now. None of them work.

    For real results, and real motivation, I urge you to check out two
    of the most inspiring Turbulence Training stories over in the
    Membership Transformation Forum. You'll see...

    1) Juan, who has lost over 75 pounds of fat since August by using
    the Turbulence Training Lifestyle.

    2) Kristine, who has lost 12 pounds already and has shared
    her dramatic before and after photos in the Transformation Forum.

    ===> Click here to get Turbulence Training <=====

    One last thing I want to mention.

    Turbulence Training is guaranteed. That means if you don't like it,
    all you have to do is email us, let us know you are not satisfied,
    and we'll return all of your money.

    It's that simple.

    I believe in it that strongly. So does Men's Health, who publish TT
    workouts all the time. And over 15,847 men and women across the
    world have used Turbulence Training and loved it.

    Turbulence Training is here to stay - unlike your body fat.

    ===> Click here to get Turbulence Training <=====

    P.S. TT worked for these fitness professionals and their clients...

    "As a certified fitness professional for more than 8 years, I have
    come across every kind of "fat-loss" promise...in less than 3
    months of Turbulence Training, I have dropped almost 10 pounds, but
    more importantly, I have also dropped over 9% BODY FAT. Since many
    of Craig's programs require minimum equipment, or none at
    all, except your own body weight, they are ideal for the home
    client, as well as the "road warrior". Along with a safe, sane
    sensible eating plan, which NEVER leaves me hungry, I credit
    Turbulence Training for my body change accomplishments."
    Jason Koromikos, NY

    ===> Click here to get Turbulence Training <=====

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs