Monday, June 3, 2013

Mama Monday: What's in your diaper bag?

Isn't it funny how that diaper bag becomes more than just a bag once you enter motherhood? It becomes essential to survival. After being caught without the necessities more than once, I have, I think, mastered the fine art of packing literally everything but the kitchen sink. Here's what I pack:

For baby:

  • 3 diapers
  • Wipes
  • A laminate cloth to change his diaper on (those darn changing tables never have the table liners refilled)
  • 2 burp cloths (one is actually usually a small swaddle blanket that never fit my bruiser of a baby)
  • A onesie
  • A hat
  • Sunglasses
  • A soft toy (usually the favorite, "Jenna-bear")
  • At least a couple of toys that can be chewed on
  • A board book
  • A bottle
  • back-up formula
  • A baby food pouch
  • A spoon
  • 3 pacifiers
  • Pacifier/teether wipes
  • Hand and face wipes
  • a bib
For mama:
  • Hand sanitizer
  • The normal purse essentials: Wallet, keys, cell phone
  • A book (for when the baby falls asleep in the car and I don't want to wake him up)
  • A snack
  • Chocolate (because you never know when a grocery store or rush hour meltdown is going to drive you to desperation)
  • Water bottle (whether for myself or refilling the bottle)
  • Lotion (to cover the smell of spit-up)
  • Kleenex
  • Lady supplies
  • Chapstick
  • Lipstick
  • Coupons for formula and diapers (the only ones I ever use... but put some of those in front of me and I'll snatch them right up).
This doesn't fit in the good old diaper bag, but I also tend to bring a blanket with me everywhere

What can't you live without? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs